We are now looking forward to welcoming guests to our visitor attractions at the Bralorne Pioneer Museum and the Tourist Info Booth at the Haylmore Heritage Site.
In the current climate of COVID-19, we are committed to the health and well-being of our community and to provide a safe environment for guests to explore the tourist attractions in the Bridge River Valley.
To ensure the health and safety of our staff, guests, and partners, we have implemented a number of safety measures at our visitor locations. These include:
- Implemented “stay home if you are sick” policy
- Adopted social distance guidelines
- Established occupancy limits at each location
- A requirement for our staff to wear facemasks when engaging with guests inside the Bralorne Pioneer Museum or the Haylmore Office Building
- Added signage and information about COVID-19 safety measures and policies at each location
- Adjustments to processes and services to limit high risk activities
- Added hand sanitizing stations
- Frequent cleaning and disinfection of equipment and facilities on the sites
We are all in this together, and we will need your help to keep everyone safe.
If you do not feel well, have symptoms of COVID-19, or you are under the direction of the Public Health Officer to self-isolate, please stay home.
We kindly ask that guests who wish to visit Bralorne Pioneer Museum or the Haylmore Office Building, wear a facemask, and use hand sanitizer before entering the buildings. Masks and hand sanitizer will be available to guests at each location.
We encourage you to stay updated on changes to the current situation and to follow the advice of the Provincial health authorities.
If you have questions about COVID-19 or public health please consult Interior Health, the health authority for our region.
Haylmore Heritage Site
Visitor Info & Artisan Gallery
Bralorne Pioneer Museum
Opening June 20th. Check the Facebook page for opening times
How is British Columbia Responding to COVID-19?
- A non-essential travel advisory remains in effect in British Columbia.
- On May 19, British Columbia entered Phase 2 of BC’s Restart Plan. Some businesses and services across the province are beginning to reopen with new COVID-19 safety protocols in place. Details are available at www.gov.bc.ca/restartbc.
- Many BC parks and recreation sites and trails have reopened for day-use and overnight camping. Some provincial parks and recreation sites that attract large crowds, including many in the Sea to Sky region, will remain closed until further notice. Know before you go, and only visit parks in your local area at this time.
- Preferential access to provincial campgrounds and backcountry camping sites will be given to BC residents for the 2020 camping season. Reservations made by non-BC residents will be subject to cancellation. Visit discovercamping.ca for details and be sure to review the BC Parks Visitor Guide to Camping During COVID-19.
- Gatherings of more than 50 people are not currently permitted in British Columbia.
BC’s Restart Plan
On May 6, the provincial government released BC’s Restart Plan, which outlines a phased approach for gradually re-opening the BC economy. We are currently in Phase 2 of the plan, with Phase 3 set to take place between June and September, assuming transmission rates remain low or in decline.
In Phase 2, the province will see activities resume in areas such as retail, personal service establishments, restaurants, cafes and pubs, museums and art galleries, as well as parks, beaches and outdoor recreation.
Phase 3 will include the reopening of hotels and resorts, and the return of regional tourism.
Phase 4 will not begin until the threat of COVID-19 has been significantly diminished through widespread vaccination, broad successful treatments, evidence of community immunity, or the equivalent.
For more information about BC’s Restart Plan, visit www.gov.bc.ca/restartbc
For a complete overview of BC’s response to COVID-19, visit the BC government’s COVID-19 Provincial Support and Information page
Download the Guide and start planning your adventure today!